PIA Essential Business Solutions
Problem: Profit margins continue to be slim. Most printing firms are not of a sufficient size to access the purchasing power normally available to just large companies.
Solution: PIA Essential Business Services allow members to pool buying power and purchase goods and services like companies many times their size. Members enjoy deep discounts on products and services necessary to doing business. Members often save far more than the cost of dues.
Solutions for Managers Who Want to Maximize Buying Power:
(Owners, Senior Managers, CFO’s, Buyers, HR Managers)
- NYS Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Group Members save 20-40% on NYS Workers’ Compensation premium costs and receive best in class service from Group Manager Gilroy, Kernan & Gilroy.
- Human Resource Consulting and Legal Services
Access to crisis management, sample policies and procedures, employment services, annual wage & benefit survey, annual conference and frequent webinars.
- Free OSHA On Demand Compliance Training
Training webinars available on 17 mandatory and recommended topics, available on demand, 24/7 – log in from any device anytime, anywhere.
- Employee Benefits Connection and Business Insurance
PIA insurance partner Gilroy, Kernan & Gilroy provides both insurance and strategic solutions to help you reach your financial goals.
- Print and Graphics Retirement Plan
Group 401(k) program helps members cut audit, administration, and participant costs.
- Sustainability Certification Programs
Deep discounts on Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) Chain of Custody Certification; Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI®) CoC Certification included at no extra charge.
- Credit Card Processing Program
Save up to 40% on your processing fees.
- Paylocity Payroll Services
Member pricing on a variety of payroll and HR technology products through Paylocity. Take a Paylocity Product Tour.
- Printer Towels, Garments and Safety Supplies
PIA members save on printer towels, safety supplies, uniforms and more. Stay in compliance with the EPA Wipes Rule with ITU’s environmentally responsible procedures and towel processing.
- PIA Mailers Council
If you want your customers to look to you for guidance on postal issues, postal news & MTAC, postage rates or postal
regulations changes, Printing Industries Alliance can help you be an industry expert.
Read more here. Apply now!
- Energy Procurement
- Graphic Arts Alliance Purchasing Groups
- Packsize “On Demand” Packaging Equipment
Save money on box purchases, shipping costs and valuable floor space.
- Freight Advantage Program
- FedEx Express & Ground
- Collection Services
- Experian Credit Reports
- Print Releaf Certification – Print Releaf is the only technology platform that measures customers’ paper usage and certifiably reforests that usage on an equivalent basis.
Next time you need assistance reviewing costs and features of your company’s business services purchases, contact us and ask about our Essential Business Solutions program!
Printing Industries Alliance – Your Source For Industry Discounts That Make A Difference!
PROBLEM: Today’s printing manager is overwhelmed trying to keep up with changing employment laws, diverse workforces and ever-increasing demands on their time. How to stay in compliance and maintain a positive and productive workforce?
SOLUTION: Printing Industries Alliance is a recognized leader in the development of proactive human resource management programs tailored to the needs of our members. PIA Human Resource Solutions are provided by PIA Staff and Association Counsel, Ferrara Fiorenza PC, one of the leading employment firms in the Northeast, serving the graphic communications industry for over 40 years.
HR CONSULTING/CRISIS MANAGEMENT
- Contact Tim Freeman at Printing Industries Alliance or Nick Fiorenza or Mike Dodd at Ferrara Fiorenza (PIA’s Association Counsel) when you need assistance with your day-to-day issues (see contact information at right).
- Issues solved with a phone consultation provided at no cost to PIA members
- If an issue is more complex, consulting is available at a discounted “members-only” hourly rate
- Need legal representation or on-site assistance? Ferrara Fiorenza will provide practical and effective legal services at a “members-only” hourly rate
- Resources for members having a union workforce include: contract negotiation, contract analysis, pension plan consulting, and extensive experience in union organizing activities
- PIA’s Annual Employment and Human Resources Law Solutions Conference will be held May 14-15, 2020.
- Regular webinars and workshops are scheduled throughout the year on current HR topics
- The iLearning Center offers free courses in print production, sales, marketing, customer service, and lean manufacturing. Premium content includes CSR and sales certifications and supervisory leadership training.
- PIA’s OSHA On Demand Webinars are available to members at no charge, 24/7 on mandatory topics such as Lockout/Tagout, Hazard Communication, Emergency Action Plan and Lift Truck Safety.
WAGE, BENEFIT AND CUSTOM SURVEYS
- PIA’s Annual Wage and Benefit Survey covers wage data for over 130 positions; insurance benefit data, holiday, vacation and PTO policies are also presented
- Need some feedback from your fellow members on an issue or situation? PIA csn send out a custom survey and return anonymous data quickly
- PIA conducts periodic surveys of holiday work schedules
- Job descriptions available for over 200 positions including administrative, technical, production and sales
- Sample policies, forms and procedures for hiring and employment practices
- Free job posting service at www.PIAlliance.org and 50% discount on listings on the National PIA job bank
- 10% discount on Caliper Human Resource services including hiring assessments and staff development
STAY INFORMED/REWARD HR CULTURE
- Best Workplace in the Americas award program recognizes companies who have created a culture that inspires employees, rewards their hard work and keeps them safe
- Alerts, newsletters, bulletins and e-newsletters keep members informed on the latest HR news.
for the Graphic Communications Industry