Human Resource Solutions
PROBLEM: Today’s printing manager is overwhelmed trying to keep up with changing employment laws, diverse workforces and ever-increasing demands on their time. How to stay in compliance and maintain a positive and productive workforce?
SOLUTION: Printing Industries Alliance is a recognized leader in the development of proactive human resource management programs tailored to the needs of our members. PIA Human Resource Solutions are provided by PIA Staff and Association Counsel, Ferrara Fiorenza PC, one of the leading employment firms in the Northeast, serving the graphic communications industry for over 40 years.
HR CONSULTING/CRISIS MANAGEMENT
- Contact Tim Freeman at Printing Industries Alliance or Nick Fiorenza or Mike Dodd at Ferrara Fiorenza (PIA’s Association Counsel) when you need assistance with your day-to-day issues (see contact information at right).
- Issues solved with a phone consultation provided at no cost to PIA members
- If an issue is more complex, consulting is available at a discounted “members-only” hourly rate
- Need legal representation or on-site assistance? Ferrara Fiorenza will provide practical and effective legal services at a “members-only” hourly rate
- Resources for members having a union workforce include: contract negotiation, contract analysis, pension plan consulting, and extensive experience in union organizing activities
- PIA’s Annual Employment and Human Resources Law Solutions Conference will be rescheduled.
- Regular webinars and workshops are scheduled throughout the year on current HR topics
- The iLearning Center offers free courses in print production, sales, marketing, customer service, and lean manufacturing. Premium content includes CSR and sales certifications and supervisory leadership training.
- PIA’s OSHA On Demand Webinars are available to members at no charge, 24/7 on mandatory topics such as Lockout/Tagout, Hazard Communication, Emergency Action Plan and Lift Truck Safety.
2020 Wage and Benefit Survey
PIA’s Annual Wage and Benefit Survey began June 15, 2020 and covers wage data for over 200 positions, insurance benefit data, holiday, vacation and PTO policies are also presented. The online Wage + Benefit dashboard will now offer interactive search and report capabilities, and questions related to employee impact of COVID-19 have been added to the 2020 survey.
- Under the Register section select your affiliate Printing Industries Alliance
- Once you do this, you’ll set up your company and select a new password.
- You will need to click on the I’m not a robot button
- Last, hit REGISTER
- Job descriptions available for over 200 positions including administrative, technical, production and sales
- Sample policies, forms and procedures for hiring and employment practices
- Free job posting service at www.PIAlliance.org and 50% discount on listings on the National PIA job bank
- 10% discount on Caliper Human Resource services including hiring assessments and staff development
STAY INFORMED/REWARD HR CULTURE
- Best Workplace in the Americas award program recognizes companies who have created a culture that inspires employees, rewards their hard work and keeps them safe
- Alerts, newsletters, bulletins and e-newsletters keep members informed on the latest HR news.
for the Graphic Communications Industry