Human Resource Solutions
PROBLEM: Today’s printing manager is overwhelmed trying to keep up with changing employment laws, diverse workforces and ever-increasing demands on their time. How to stay in compliance and maintain a positive and productive workforce?
SOLUTION: Printing Industries Alliance is a recognized leader in the development of proactive human resource management programs tailored to the needs of our members. PIA Human Resource Solutions are provided by PIA Staff and Association Counsel, Ferrara Fiorenza PC, one of the leading employment firms in the Northeast, serving the graphic communications industry for over 40 years.
HR CONSULTING/CRISIS MANAGEMENT
- Contact Tim Freeman at Printing Industries Alliance or Nick Fiorenza or Mike Dodd at Ferrara Fiorenza (PIA’s Association Counsel) when you need assistance with your day-to-day issues (see contact information at right).
- Issues solved with a phone consultation provided at no cost to PIA members
- If an issue is more complex, consulting is available at a discounted “members-only” hourly rate
- Need legal representation or on-site assistance? Ferrara Fiorenza will provide practical and effective legal services at a “members-only” hourly rate
- Resources for members having a union workforce include: contract negotiation, contract analysis, pension plan consulting, and extensive experience in union organizing activities
- PIA co-sponsors HRConnectonline.org, an online community of printing industry staff with Human Resource responsibilities within their organizations.
- PIA’s Annual Employment and Human Resources Law Solutions Conference – scheduled for October 14 & 15, 2021
- Regular webinars and workshops are scheduled throughout the year on current HR topics
- PIA’s OSHA On Demand Webinars are available to members at no charge, 24/7 on mandatory topics such as Lockout/Tagout, Hazard Communication, Emergency Action Plan and Lift Truck Safety.
- Job descriptions available for over 200 positions including administrative, technical, production and sales
- Sample policies, forms and procedures for hiring and employment practices
- Free job posting service at www.PIAlliance.org
- 10% discount on Caliper Human Resource services including hiring assessments and staff development
for the Graphic Communications Industry