The New Biden Administration: What Will it Mean for Employers? Virtual Workshop
March 4, 2021
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
This virtual workshop to be held on March 4, 2021 at Noon (Eastern) will focus on the new administration’s goals and the direct ramifications of those goals for employers. All registrants will receive a copy of the presentation and access to the webinar recording. The workshop will cover:
- Increasing the federal minimum wage to $15 per hour;
- Making it easier for workers to organize a union and collectively bargain;
- Reinstating the Obama-era rule limiting the scope of the “white collar” overtime exemptions;
- Revising the joint employment standard;
- Making it easier for individuals to prove misclassification as independent contractors;
- Cracking down on workplace safety and health mandates through OSHA; and
- Much more.
The workshop is free, but space is limited. Please register today! You will receive login instructions the day before the program.
About the Presenters
Nicholas J. Fiorenza, Founding Partner of Ferrara Fiorenza PC, is a graduate of the George Washington University law school. His practice is dedicated to representation and counsel of employers with respect to all aspects of employment and labor relations law. He frequently speaks and writes on these topics. He is also the Manager of Delacroix Consulting Group, LLC, the Firm’s affiliated human resources management consulting firm. Before forming his law firm, Mr. Fiorenza was President of the Printing and Imaging Association of New York State, Inc., and he continues to represent the Printing Industries Alliance as its General Counsel.
Michael L. Dodd, Partner, Ferrara Fiorenza PC. His practice focuses primarily on defending employers in discrimination, wage and hour, labor relations and other employment-related claims. He serves the Firm in the day-to-day representation and counseling of public and private sector employers. He is also a frequent author and speaker on these topics for both state-wide and nation-wide organizations.